Join us Today
For people. Not profit.
Joining the Credit Union is the best decision you could take for your money.
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We have a wide range of financial services available with a variety of discounts and free services for members
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Return on your savings are made by way of an annual dividend. If circumstances prevent a dividend being paid to individual members, Clones Credit Union will continue to pay a social dividend by support of local events, groups, and clubs in our community.
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by direct debit or salary deduction without calling in
- Loan Protection and Life Savings Insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Clones Credit Union you must be living or working within our common bond area. The common bond is the factor which unites all the members of Clones Credit Union - it is what all members have in common i.e. where they live or work. Because of the common bond, all members have the good of their credit union at heart; they know and trust each other.
You need to present one document from each of the 3 categories below, pay a once off membership fee of €1 and a minimum of €6 in the account to keep it live.
The 3 documents below are required to join our Credit Union:
- Proof of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo), i.e. Current valid Passport, current valid Driving Licence, current valid I.D. Card
- Proof of Address (must show address where you currently live), i.e. Household Bill (e.g. ESB, Phone) or Bank or Building Society Statement (must be dated within last 6 months).
- Proof of PPS Number (acceptable forms: Payslip, Medical Card, Revenue Document. Please note, we cannot accept a Public Services Card for proof of PPSN).